Implement a 'Cloud First' strategy
How does cloud turn fixed up-front costs into pay-as-you-go? We know how.
– Avoid refresh projects by substituting your datacentre with cloud
– Tap into cloud capacity to avoid expanding your on-premises environment
– Use cloud as a flexible and cost-effective foundation for your very next project
These are just some of the ways cloud can help you do more with less. Learn how hundreds of public sector projects benefit from true commercial flexibility with no lock-in.
Buy rather than build
Cloud makes it easy to build new applications, but it also makes it easy to buy into ready-made solutions that are often cheaper, faster and better than building your own
– Hundreds of specialist partners deliver ready-made SaaS solutions
– Move from maintaining on-premises applications to consuming software-as-a-service
– Benefit from ongoing innovation inherent in SaaS applications
Try before you buy and try before you build! Take a look at the many SaaS solutions available for your community; from case management and online collaboration, to specialist solutions for patient records, digital evidence and much more.
Accelerate time to value
One of the biggest benefits of cloud is that you can get value in minutes rather than waiting months or years for traditional solutions.
– SaaS solutions that are immediately available for trial or deployment
– Solutions that are more mature than those that you might build yourself
– SaaS solutions are often already used by your community enhancing collaboration
Our unique multi-cloud services within the Crown Campus attract hundreds of innovative SaaS providers that want to provide assured, cost-effective and scalable solutions into Public Sector.
Break down silos
Traditional systems are typically deployed in silos resulting in waste and duplication. There is a risk that SaaS solutions create similar information silos; UKCloud help avoid that
– Collaboration and interoperability between SaaS providers is easier on our platform
– The safety and neutrality of Crown Campus helps you avoid lock-in
– We’re aligned with the government strategy of Open Data and SaaS solutions provide a compelling alternative to traditional silo-based systems.
SaaS helps you collaborate both within your organisation and across your community.
Improve your value for money
There are many hidden costs associated with traditional on-premises applications; hardware, hosting, connectivity… SaaS simplifies it all.
– SaaS providers deliver the end-to-end solution; application, hosting and hardware
– You focus on using the application rather than deploying and maintaining it
– The competitive SaaS marketplace drives innovation and value-for-money
SaaS delivers superior value-for-money compared with traditional on-premises solutions. They are more transparent and you get to consume a service rather than merely buying a software license.