UKCloud Limited (“UKC”) and Virtual Infrastructure Group Limited (“VIG”) (together “the Companies”) – in Compulsory Liquidation
On 25 October 2022, the Companies were placed into Liquidation with the Official Receiver appointed as Liquidator and J Robinson and A M Hudson simultaneously appointed as Special Managers to manage the liquidation process on behalf of the Official Receiver.
Further information regarding the Liquidations can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/virtual-infrastructure-group-limited-and-ukcloud-limited-information-for-creditors-and-interested-parties
For any general queries relating to the Liquidations please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For customer related queries please email email@example.com
For supplier related queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
UKCloud for OpenStack – Queens (OSP13) Release
We’re pleased to announce the availability of the Queens release of OpenStack on our UKCloud for OpenStack product, powered by the 13th release of Red Hat’s OpenStack Platform (OSP13) – the leading open source cloud infrastructure project, stabilised for your enterprise.
In moving from UKCloud’s current Newton based OpenStack regions to Queens, customers can now leverage the following benefits:
- Faster experience. Instance boot times, IOPS and general interactions with OpenStack will feel more responsive, thanks in main to a major upgrade of the Ceph storage subsystem.
- Improved stability. Queens delivers over 18 months’ worth of code and feature improvements over Newton.
- Horizon updates. General improvements of the OpenStack Horizon management interface.
In addition to the above, the Queens release delivers the following new features to aid cloud native development:
- Key Management as a Service (KMaaS).Using the OpenStack Barbican project, customers can now store their keys within the platform, simplifying the programmatic use of keys within your solutions.
- Load Balancing as a Service (LBaaS).Using the OpenStack Octavia project, customers can now deploy and manage their load balancer requirements with a single click or via the API, helping to drive simplicity and efficiency.
The features above are available immediately within UKCloud’s latest Corsham region.
Other Features – Self-service backup and restoration
Expanding on our snapshot capabilities to provide file-level protection. Find out more here.
What’s next on the roadmap?
Although OpenStack Queens brings significant features and improvements, we’re not stopping there! Building on this release, we’re now investigating and implementing the following new features:
- Data at Rest Encryption (D@RE) for persistent volumes.Removing the headache of customers running their own encryption solutions.
OpenStack is the only viable open source alternative for organisations that want to consume public (or indeed private) cloud compute resources without being locked in to a proprietary ecosystem. This helps to ensure full portability across any hybrid cloud strategy, along with full compatibility with popular open source deployment or configuration tooling.
UKCloud delivers OpenStack exclusively from UK data centres and is operated entirely by UK vetted staff, helping to meet any data sovereignty, compliance or regulatory requirements specific to the UK.
Being a Red Hat Premier Partner, UKCloud has chosen to deploy Red Hat OpenStack Platform as this delivers all of the benefits of OpenStack, stabilised for the enterprise through Red Hat’s pedigree in developing, securing and supporting open source projects.
Potential growth in the market
UKCloud has made a significant investment in delivering these features, affirming our belief in the future of OpenStack-powered clouds along with our commitment to OpenStack technologies and the wider community.
You can find additional information in relation to this announcement in the following articles:
- Red Hat’s OpenStack Platform 13 blog post: https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/red-hat-openstack-platform-13-here
- UKCloud knowledge centre articles:
This blog was last updated 19/06/20