VMware Technical Architect
As an Architect you will sit within the UKCloud Engineering practice and provide technical designs and guidance. Working within project teams, you will be responsible for producing high-level and low-level designs, along with supporting the implementation of these designs; ensuring that they can be efficiently and effectively maintained by our Operations practice. You will be commercially aware understanding both the costs associated with the design and ongoing operation, as well as communicating any issues. You will contribute reviewing designs, along with the standards and policies that these designs adhere to. You will understand our vendor roadmaps and support the UKCloud Service Directors in understanding what this means to our services, as well as being involved with the research and evaluation of new technologies that support the business strategies and goals.
An Architect works closely with their Service Director to understand the strategy, and requirements, for the service, and with Project Managers to support the delivery of work.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with VMware products
- Demonstrable experience in producing designs, along with their implementation
- Ability to take a lead role within in a cross-functional team, and prioritise workloads under pressure
- Experience coaching others to adopt best practice
Desirable experience would include:
- Awareness of core datacentre technologies (Networking, Storage, Servers)
- Involvement with Architectural Review Boards, along with setting and evolving standards
- Awareness with cloud provider ecosystems, including Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS
- Awareness of Containerisation and Function as a service
- Good communication skills, attention to detail and commercial awareness
- Highly organised – a good planner
- Ability to present technical issues and solutions to a variety of audiences
- Embrace and champion the use of automation across the platform
- Clear decision maker
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
- Doing the right thing. By delivering better services to citizens and better value for taxpayers, by reducing the time, costs, and risks of digital transformation.
- Accelerating digitalisation with local multi-cloud experts. Our award-winning customer support is here to help our customers throughout their journey with us.
- Harnessing multiple cloud services. To help organisations use multi-cloud to address existing and legacy IT as well as cloud native applications.
- Uncompromising safety and integrity. As we believe the UKs public services are a national asset that needs protecting and nurturing.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 200+ people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.