Technical Operations Placement Opportunities
|Contract Type||Fixed Term Contract|
We have a number of placement opportunities starting in July 2022, where you will be working across our technical teams.
You will work with a diverse technology stack including VMware, OpenStack and Microsoft. Underpinning all this by learning virtualisation, networking and security disciplines. We offer a unique programme that enables you to rotate across our specialist technical teams to grow your experience and employability in addition to enhancing your skillset to complete your University Degree.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to gain true exposure to all areas that directly impact UKCloud customers.
Why previous students joined UKCloud
“I always wanted to do a placement year to develop my skills and employability. I applied to a few tech companies but UKCloud really stood out to me. The people were friendly and enthusiastic about what they were doing, plus it was the right fit for me. Since joining there have been numerous opportunities for me to learn more and explore the company.” Emma
“For my current rotation I am based in the Cloud Support team, in short they manage inbound customer queries, issues and tickets across the entirety of UKCloud platforms, products and services. It’s a great place to start your IT understanding as you get exposure to all the technologies UKCloud have to offer. You’re not expected to understand them all or be a master, but the core responsibility is to handle them as they come in, fix them or escalate if it is out of your skill set.” Shaion
“What excites me about UKCloud is the open, yet professional, atmosphere that we have. With the day to day tasks there is always something different and that change of pace is nice. With difference, brings the ability to learn but also the ability to problem solve any issues which may arise. Even as an undergraduate I am a key individual within the team, any ideas that I provide will be treated the same as another individual.” Thomas
Interviews will take place in between October and January and short-listed candidates will be invited to a Face to Face Interview with the team.
- Telephone interview with the UKCloud Recruitment Team
- Psychometric assessment including ability tests and a self-personality report
- Face to Face Interview with the UKCloud Team
Technical and customer aptitude and knowledge will be assessed during the interview process.
We’d love to hear from you!
Please send us your CV and covering letter, telling us why you’re interested in the role and working with us.
- Currently studying a computer-related University degree - you must be in your second year
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to learn new skills
- Reliable, conscientious and a methodical approach to tasks
- Able to plan and prioritise your work; a completer finisher
- Experience of working within a customer service environment
- Evidence of troubleshooting / problem-solving
- Good attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and a good team player
- Have a keen interest in cloud technology, networking and information security
- Some customer services experience and a background knowledge of virtualisation, cloud computing is preferred.
About the company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of over 200 people. We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days' holiday, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Access to free parking
- Accessible from Farnborough Main railway station
- Social and charity events
- Onsite subsidised facilities - gym, cafe, restaurant
- Friday breakfasts, fruit, and soft drinks
- Flexible Working
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
Look out for us on social media!
You’ll find us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.