Software Operations Engineer
UKCloud are looking for an experienced engineer skilled in DevOps practices and databases. With a background in supporting the operability of in-house developed software solutions using a service-orientated architecture; from automating builds and deployments, to improving application performance. You will put your full range of skills and experience to use, working collaboratively with our cross-functional delivery teams on our continuous delivery journey.
Software Engineering is responsible for the successful delivery and maintenance of secure, quality and scalable software applications and service that enable UKCloud to support our customers to run some of the most crucial services in the country. From provisioning, to accessing our products and services, then billing and everything in-between.
- Work closely with multiple Agile software delivery teams to build, deploy and monitor technical solutions in accordance with established standards; using automation where possible
- Sharing knowledge and upskilling other team members in best practice
- Deliver secure, high quality and performant solutions that enable UKCloud to achieve its business goals
- Support and mentor the software delivery teams in managing the health of containerised applications; assisting with the analysis and resolution of technical problems
- Engage with technical teams to resolve platform issues and to improve cross-working and knowledge sharing
- Write supporting documentation for configuration and on-going support
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Delivery Systems (CI/CD)
- Proven record with containerised solutions, preferably OpenShift / Kubernetes
- Experience with automation tools such as Helm, Ansible and Python
- Good knowledge of database technologies, including setup and maintenance, preferably with PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB
- Good knowledge of observability and monitoring via Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience collaborating with software developers to deliver software solutions using Scrum or Kanban
- Experience of Linux administration and strong knowledge of shell tools and utilities
- Experience of application tuning at the network and database level
About the Company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 250+ people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
DevOps | Engineer | Automation | Database | IT | Software | Helm | Continuous Delivery