Senior QA Engineer
Act as a key hands-on resource to design, implement and execute tests against software and other UKCloud services in the pursuit of the continuous quality improvement process. The role is heavily focused on the design, development, and support of predominantly automated tests with freedom to use semi-automated or manual tests as appropriate.
- Proven experience of testing web-based applications, headless services, and APIs
- Strong test automation programming experience ideally with Python or Ruby, including the implementation of automation frameworks like Selenium and Cucumber/Behave
- Practical experience in agile software development environments, with a drive for quality, continuous improvement, and learning
- Experience with test management tools i.e XRAY and continuous delivery solutions, e.g., GIT, Jira, Bamboo, Jenkins
- Exposure to behaviour and test-driven development environments (BDD/TDD)
- Proven experience of testing of software-defined infrastructure solutions
- Proven experience of application performance, security, accessibility, and integration testing ISEB / ISTQB-BCS Tester Foundation Certified or greater
- Can do attitude
- Self-disciplined, organised, and self-motivated
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Naturally open and sharing of knowledge, contributes to technical discussions and always acting to learn
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrates adaptability, creativity, and flexibility
- Delivery focused; seeks to understand and act upon value being created
- Provide effective testing of software and services during project/development to capture and thereby reduce defects passing to production using a combination of automated and manual testing. Utilising different tools and techniques to ensure all functional and non-functional requirements are met
- Implement and maintain efficient test suites, with associated test cases and scripts
- Engage with and contribute to, the QA test strategy for software and services, with a focus on improving delivery quality
- Coach, guide and support the teams in modern agile testing practices, for example automated testing in a continuous delivery environment
- Assist in bridging communications gaps between development, testing, and product owners. Actively seek to translate non-technical business requirements into technical tests that support their intended value
- Appropriate testing strategies aligned to the company products and services being developed
- Recommend and influence testing practices, policies, and improvements therein
- Influence and support the maturity of agile practices, specifically in relation to testing
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
- Doing the right thing. By delivering better services to citizens and better value for taxpayers, by reducing the time, costs, and risks of digital transformation.
- Accelerating digitalisation with local multi-cloud experts. Our award-winning customer support is here to help our customers throughout their journey with us.
- Harnessing multiple cloud services. To help organisations use multi-cloud to address existing and legacy IT as well as cloud native applications.
- Uncompromising safety and integrity. As we believe the UKs public services are a national asset that needs protecting and nurturing.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 200+ people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus potential paid quarterly
- 25 days' annual leave increasing to 30 days with length of service + half day birthday leave + charity day + Bank Holidays
- Options to buy and sell annual leave
- Flexible office and home working options
- Contributory pension
- Life and medical insurance
- Funded team social and charity events
- Onsite facilities including cafe, restaurant and gym
- Company funded fruit and soft drinks plus Friday breakfasts
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Cycle to work tax efficient scheme
- Access to ample free parking
- Shuttle bus to national rail services
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.