Senior Network Engineer
Are you looking for more networking exposure, to enable you to grow, learn and develop from an experienced networking team?
If the answer is YES, we have new opportunities for a Senior Network Engineer to join the UKCloud team
- Assist with the design and delivery of core network Infrastructure projects that support the UKCloud customer base & internal teams.
- Resolve complex technical issues escalated by internal departments.
- Produce reports, documentation, processes and implement regular tasks as required to support the day to day running and maintenance of the core network platform.
- Mentor and support other members of the Networks team.
- Ensuring that the core network infrastructure is monitored and maintained in order to guarantee the highest levels of network availability, scalability & performance.
- Perform evaluation of new products, solutions and services to high standards,
- Ability to present technical issues and solutions to both a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and across multi-functional teams.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Extensive hands on experience configuring, deploying and troubleshooting Cisco ACI.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP and multi-tier network infrastructure incorporating networking and security layers.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking principles including the following key technology areas:
- Cisco Firewalls, Switches & Routers
- Denial of Service Mitigation
- Arista Switches
- Software tools including
- Cisco ISE
- Cisco Firepower
- In-depth knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting protocols such as BGP, MPLS, IS-IS, OSPF as well as network technologies such as VPNs, VXLAN, OTV
- A comprehensive understanding of UKCloud’s products and services, their positioning in the market and how the technology supports their delivery
- Wide ranging knowledge of network infrastructure, vendor products & solutions
- Experience of running a business-critical platform in a 24/7 environment
- Experience with helpdesk tools within an ITIL environment.
Advantageous & Desirable:
- Automation with Python/Ansible
- Linux administration
- Knowledge of VMware & Openstack
- CCNP qualified
About the Company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 200 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities - Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
Follow UKCloud on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.