Senior Automation & Service Reliability Engineer
Our Automation and Service Reliability (ASR) team works to maintain and improve our Management Platform and component business critical tools, notably monitoring, automation and data warehousing.
Our Senior Engineers will be responsible for leading on projects building and working closely with ASR Engineers to ensure the timely delivery of projects. In additional they will work closely with Technical Authorities to implement new
technology on the management platform. They will also be a point of escalation and provide mentoring for ASR engineers in the team.
- Develop and maintain UKCloud’s monitoring and management platforms
- Provide 3rd Line Support for technical queries and application issues raised by internal and external Customers. Resolve these queries promptly and in line with support targets
- Lead on project delivery
- Improve ASR working practice to improve the quality of the service.
- Provide support and mentoring to ASR Engineers
- Work on escalated BAU tickets
- Actively engage with other teams to improve cross working / team knowledge
- Improve software engineering working practices to improve quality and service
- Produce and maintain documentation for design, configuration and on-going support
- Own and deliver development opportunities with in the ASR team
- Maintain technical knowledge of current technical trends and standards
- Run deployments across all ASR managed platforms.
- A strong understanding of datacentre technologies including Servers, Networks, Storage ideally gained through an operational support background
- Strong operational and administration knowledge of Linux Operating Systems and VMware vSphere.
- Experience of pro-active monitoring and operation support of business critical systems
- An aptitude and desire to identify and automate repeatable tasks for efficiency and accuracy
- Demonstrable skill in at least two of the following scripting languages: Python, Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Perl.
- Disciplined, organise and Self-motivated
- Technical mindset, looks to solve problems and automate process’s
- Naturally open an sharing of knowledges, contributes to technical discussions
- Desire to learn
- Experience with helpdesk tools within an ITIL environment
- ·Experience in working within a large-scale cloud or virtualised computing environment is highly desirable
- Experience with any of Opsview/Nagios, Rundeck, Device42, Ivanti, VMware, Ansible, Python development and maintenance of web applications or administration of Atlassian toolset is highly desirable ·
- In depth knowledge of configuration management tools such as Puppet
About the Company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 250+ people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.