Senior Automation and Service Reliability Engineer
We are currently looking for Automation and Service Reliaibility Engineers to support our business growth. Our Automation & Service Reliability function, Automation and Reliability Engineers work to maintain and improve our Management Platform and component business critical tools, notably monitoring, automation and data warehousing.
- Providing support for ASR Engineers.
- Implementing new services as they go into production environments
- Managing Pre-Prod and Production environments
- Identify and put forward requirements for platform improvements.
- Working on escalated BAU Tickets
- Ensure Documentation and process is correct.
- Own and Manage ASR Team Time
- Automating runbooks to allow systems to be self-healing · Develop and maintain UKCloud’s monitoring and management platforms
- Provide 3rd Line Support for technical queries and application issues raised by internal and external Customers. Resolve these queries promptly and in line with support targets
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level support to internal and external customers, including leadership of technical investigations
- Actively engage with other teams to improve cross working/team knowledge
- Improve ASR working practices to improve quality and service
- Input into product evaluation and selection
- Produce and maintain documentation for design, configuration and on-going support
- Maintain technical knowledge of current technical trends and standards
- A strong understanding of datacentre technologies including Servers, Networks, Storage ideally gained through an operational support background
- Strong operational and administration knowledge of Linux Operating Systems and VMware vSphere.
- Experience of pro-active monitoring and operation support of business critical systems
- An aptitude and desire to identify and automate repeatable tasks for efficiency and accuracy
- Demonstrable skill in at least two of the following scripting languages: Python, Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Perl.
- Experience in monitoring in Opsview/Nagios or similar
About the Company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 250+ people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.