Sales Development Manager
|Category||Sales & Marketing|
We have some ambitious growth plans here at UKCloud and we are looking for a Sales development manager who can help us achieve these! We have had some record years of growth and now we are looking to kickstart our next phase of expansion.
Purpose of Role
As a Development Manager, you will have a key role in the achievement of UKCloud’s Business Development and Growth goals. You will be responsible for the development of a given territory, owning your own allocated prospective customers and / partners. You will be responsible for developing Growth opportunities within your own territory, which will drive new bookings inline with the UK Growth goals. Reporting into the Head of Business Development you will also be expected to work collaboratively with Marketing and an Engagement Executive working to ensure that business development campaigns drive new business opportunities.
- Responsible for identifying , developing and closing business within your own territory in support of achieving the overall business development plan of the brand that you are working in.
- Your territory will be made up of new and existing customers or partners in which you will develop existing relationships and identify new opportunities to drive Growth pipeline and close Growth opportunities.
- You may be called upon to work with Client/Partner Directors, supported by the Brand Director for the Brand you work in, to provide excellent Growth experience
- Demonstrate efficient, professional and timely follow-up and follow-through of all Growth activities that you develop to close Growth within your given territory including: Free Trial requests, POC’s, proposals, business generation campaigns with marketing and Growth engagement executives.
- The role necessitates a consultative Growth approach to effectively position UKCloud’s products and service offerings in relation to the organisational and operational challenges of our customers , keeping us front of mind for future decisions and keeping us relevant in the market.
- Ensure all Growth communications are correctly and accurately reflected in SalesForce demonstrating compliance to the relevant Growth processes.
- To attend Industry events that are relevant to your territory and own the continuation of engagements following these events
- To shadow Client/Partner Directors at a small number of customer meetings per month, to develop personal Growth skills and awareness of the market
- Own and achieve targets relating to New Bookings (£) and Billing Growth Targets, Opportunity generation, and compliance to process
- Experienced in a BD/ deskbased sales role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proactive and an ability to work without constant supervision
- Ability to deliver reports and analytics of current Growth Opportunities
- Expertise of cloud-based products especially IaaS or PaaS but also a working knowledge and appreciation of a solution approach to growth. We work with both internal and external Partners and the ability to work with both and build Customer facing solutions based on a combination of both is essential
- A strong ability to understand the flow of a Growth cycle – The engagement process can be complex so the ability to navigate complex Growth cycles.
About the company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 200 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus sales related bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.