Product Marketing is where diverse elements of the organisation come together. It’s the interface between the business and commercial aspects of Sales, Marketing and Finance, and the technical and operational aspects of Customer Services, Development and Engineering. It’s a role focused on articulating what we do and why customers value it, rather than the complexity of how we do it.
In this role, you will be involved in:
- Business Analysis – taking data points from Finance, Operations, Customer Services, Sales and Marketing to help us understand where we’re performing well, and where we can improve
- Presentations – this role is all about communication. You’ll deliver presentations to internal colleagues and will have the opportunity to present externally to customers and partners
- Documentation – You will help create documentation to support a variety of sales and marketing activities – from product flyers to frequently asked questions
It’s the perfect role for someone who has a keen interest in technology but wants to focus on customer and business elements of the role. Someone who has particular attention to detail but can simplify explanations to make them easy to understand.
Why previous students joined UKCloud
“I thoroughly enjoy the Product Marketing role as it involves cohesion with almost every department within the company. We often work very closely with Sales as well as Marketing on a wide range of projects. The role is centred around ‘sales enablement’ by creating relevant and compelling arguments to objections that they may face in customer meetings. My role involves creating and updating collateral to ensure consistent messaging as well as liaising with marketing on social media campaigns. I also work alongside others with PR, helping to create press releases and blogs." Junaid
" What I was looking for most out of a work placement was the chance to develop my skills and be able to make a difference to the company. The product marketing role also appealed to me because of its diverse nature. So far I have worked with the Finance, Marketing, Sales and Products department – providing me with an insight into each of these business operations and creating variety within my tasks that means I’m constantly learning new things and developing new skills." Matthew
"Before my placement, I was a business management student from the University of Portsmouth and had various part-time roles and a member of a variety of societies. I really liked the sound of the role as it is varied and gives me a vast amount of responsibility. I wanted my placement to give me a taste for what it is really like working for a technology company and to put my theoretical knowledge of business into practice. Everyone made me feel really welcome during my interview which also encouraged me to work for UKCloud." Vrush
Interviews will take place in between November and January and short-listed candidates will be invited to a Virtual Interview.
- Telephone interview with the UKCloud Recruitment Team
- Psychometric assessment including ability tests and a self-personality report
- Virtual interview with the UKCloud Team
We’d love to hear from you!
Please send us your CV and covering letter, telling us why you’re interested in the role and working with us.
- Currently studying a computer science or relevant degree, looking for a 12m placement - you must be in your second year
- Excellent verbal communication skills, accuracy in written communications
- Self-motivated, and hungry for new experiences, skills and knowledge
- Ability to manage a variable workload, prioritising and timekeeping being key skills
About the company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of over 250 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
Look out for us on social media!
You’ll find us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.