Pre-Sales Solution Architect
|Category||Sales & Marketing|
About the role
The role will be responsible for devising solutions to a range of different business requirements for new and existing clients. The role combines commercial acumen with broad technical expertise to be able to assist customers, stakeholders and partners to translate business requirements into cost effective, fit for purpose solutions, in line with the UKCloud Growth and Product strategies.
Working closely alongside the UKCloud Growth, Product and Advisory teams, the Presales Solutions Architect will support all aspects of customer engagement, including meetings, bids, overall account strategy discussions, and advisory service engagements as well as being able to demonstrate and document all aspects of UKCloud solutions.
The role requires a broad technical understanding across Cloud, Applications, Data and Security, leveraging products, services and expertise in each of these areas to develop appropriate solutions. The role is required to be able to effectively communicate the solutions to both business stakeholder, and technical users. The role holder is expected to work onsite with customers as required through presales and professional service engagements.
- Providing technical point of contact for prospects, clients, and the UKCloud Growth team
- Qualifying sales opportunities in the terms of client and partner technical requirements and project scopes
- Defining solutions with the UKCloud Sales team to support client business requirements and future strategies
- Presenting and marketing the design and value of proposed solutions and business cases to clients and partners
- Completing required presales documentation quickly and accurately
- Author thought leadership content that establishes & strengthens the credibility of UKCloud and supports lead generation, working with colleagues in Products & Marketing, and external lead gen agencies
- Identify & propose new / refined UKCloud Professional Service propositions based on market & customer needs analysis
- Provide feedback internally on customer needs and requirements
- Maintain an overall understanding of the technical and commercial developments within the markets which UKCloud operate
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitor capabilities and services, and how we differentiate.
- 5+ years’ experience in a pre-sales capacity, including building and implementing infrastructure, virtualization and cloud computing solutions.
- Detailed understanding of cloud and virtualisation technologies including IaaS, PaaS & SaaS and/or private cloud infrastructure including VCF, VXRail, vRealise
- Technical experience of IT infrastructure including datacentre, networks, security and managed services
- Significant public cloud design and implementation experience
- Prior experience working with customers in a consulting capacity, leading / delivering professional service engagements
- Knowledge & experience of the UK Public Sector, with experience in the Marine, and Energy Sectors desirable.
- Diplomatic with strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of communicating at all levels within an organisation.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, architects and developers
- Capable of working in multi-discipline teams but also on own initiative.
- Disciplined, organised and self-motivated, with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Prepared to travel to customer sites to support presales and advisory engagements as required.
UKCloud is dedicated to helping the UK Public Sector by delivering more choice and flexibility through safe and trusted cloud technology. We own and operate UK sovereign, industry leading multi-cloud platforms which are secure, assured and located from the Government’s Crown Campus. Our team of multi-cloud experts are dedicated to helping our customers gain value from the agility and cost savings of a multi-cloud strategy and Making Transformation Happen – cheaper, faster, safer.
Employees holding this position are required to achieve and maintain an appropriate security clearance, as detailed in the header of this job description, as a condition of employment with UKCloud Limited.
UKCloud Limited is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion.
Information Security Management System
This position is within the scope of the UKCloud Information Security Management System (ISMS), and the post holder is responsible for complying with applicable requirements of the UKCloud Information Security Policy, Information Security Manual, and all other information security policies, processes and documentation including UKCloud SyOPs (UC-AAA-11).
Information Security: Asset/Control/Risk Ownership
This position may be responsible for the ownership of:
- Information Assets or Supporting Assets
- Control Objectives or Controls
- Management of identified risks
- Suppliers – specifically their information security responsibilities
IT System Access
Employees holding this position will automatically be provided with access to the systems and data that have been specified within the UKCloud IT System Access Matrix (SC-GEN-46).