Practice Director - Strategy
|Category||Projects / Products|
The Practice Director for Strategy is a key part of UKCloud Operational Leadership Team (OLT). You will have demonstrable experience helping organisations effectively prioritise their efforts to execute on their business strategy. You will use your expertise to develop and maintain actionable plans and roadmaps across a portfolio of cloud services and enabling services. The Practice Director for Strategy leads a team of senior IT professionals (Service Directors and Portfolio Managers) focused on making balanced decisions to address internal and external needs and expectations.
- Responsible for determining ‘How’ Strategy work within the Practice is done and ‘Who’ does the work
- Sets the standards (best practice) for Strategy artefacts such as vision, roadmap, business cases and similar
- Creates career development opportunities and improves the capability of the Strategy Practice
- Ensures effective interworking with other Practices (e.g. Design to Operate) both within the Capability Lifecycle flow and the Customer Lifecycle flow (e.g., Growth Team, Marketing, Product Marketing, etc).
- Engages in the development of the longer term strategy for UKCloud – understanding what is needed now, next and in future to ensure that our capabilities (especially new ones) develop to be ready in time for UKCloud to execute
- Accountable for pastoral care of everyone within the Strategy Practice (in conjunction with a deputy director/resource manager as appropriate)
- Drives focus reporting on of end-to-end performance across the Service Family – e.g. how effective were the decisions we made
- Clear evidence of ability to create and communicate actionable plans which create strategic value (including making effective prioritisation decisions)
- Highly organised – demonstrable experience planning and managing risks and dependencies
- Excellent and clear communicator (written, verbal and visual) – to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong experience leading teams and coaching others to adopt best practice
- Ability to drive behavioural change (including experience of performance management and personal development planning)
- Highly experienced with handling escalations and engaging with senior leadership
- Ability to lead governance activities
- Technical acumen to assess technical scenarios and situations, make informed decisions and be able to present back to senior leadership, peers and team with confidence and accuracy
About the company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 250 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance