UKCloud is looking for and OpenShift Engineer to deliver exceptional services to our customers as they manage, maintain and operate our Digital application portfolio, which currently consists of OpenStack, OpenShift and Big Data platforms. This opportunity works alongside other Functional teams including Availability Management, Capacity Planning, Lifecycle Management, Transition to Support, Security and Problem Management.
- Assisting with the technical design and development of the OpenShift based product as part of a Scrum and operational team
- Delivering secure, performant and scalable solutions that enable UKCloud to achieve its business goals
- Actively engage with other project and technical teams to improve cross working / team knowledge
- Input into functional requirements, ensuring these are clearly stated and testable. Ensure non-functional requirements are addressed
- Write supporting documentation for design, configuration and on-going support
- Maintain technical knowledge of current technical trends and standards
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level code and application support when needed, including leadership of technical investigations
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Understanding of infrastructure as code, applied with configuration management, automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible, OpenStack HEAT and Jenkins.
- Understanding of programming patterns and constructs. Our main language is Python, but a fundamental understanding and an ability to learn is crucial/critical.
- Operating maintaining and managing cloud infrastructure at scale.
- Fundamental understanding of Linux System administration, filesystem concepts and the linux kernel
- Comfortable with shell scripting and the typical variety of Linux command line tools such as sed, awk, grep etc
About the Company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 250+ people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.