Java Software Engineer
Are you ready for that next big challenge in your career, or maybe you just want to join a more dynamic, forward thinking and progressive organisation where you can put your full range of skills and experience to better use?
Right now at UKCloud, we are looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for software development and learning.
Software Engineering is responsible for the successful delivery and maintenance of secure, quality and scalable software applications that enable UKCloud to support our customers. From provisioning, to accessing our products and services, then billing and everything in-between. Leveraging a microservice architecture and DevOps practices like containerisation and continuous delivery. Our services are vital in providing accurate information for customers, operational support and billing.
About this role
- Work within an Agile software development team to design, code and unit-test technical solutions in accordance with established standards
- Deliver secure, high quality, performant and extensible applications that enable UKCloud to achieve its business goals
- Assist with the analysis and resolution of technical and application problems
- Engage with stakeholders, other projects and technical teams to improve cross working and team knowledge
- Input into functional requirements, ensuring these are clearly stated and testable
- Write supporting documentation for design, configuration and on-going support
- Good working knowledge of Java 11, Spring Boot and SQL database technologies
- Good problem investigation and technical debugging skills
- A thirst for knowledge and a willingness to learn
- Experience of working with agile teams and practices, e.g. Scrum, Extreme programming (XP) and Test-driven development (TDD)
- Experience creating APIs and micro-services
- Vagrant, Docker and orchestration platforms like Kubernetes or OpenShift
- RabbitMQ or other Advanced Message Queuing Protocol implementations
- Virtualisation principles and Cloud platforms like VMware, OpenStack, AWS, Azure
- Security coding practices (OWASP and similar)
Software Engineer | Software | Engineer | IT | Java | Engineering | Spring | SQL | Developer
About the Company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 250+ people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- Fully Remote
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.