Director of Customer Migrations
|Category||Projects / Products|
- . By delivering better services to citizens and better value for taxpayers, by reducing the time, costs, and risks of digital transformation.
- . Our award-winning customer support is here to help our customers throughout their journey with us.
- . To help organisations use multi-cloud to address existing and legacy IT as well as cloud native applications.
- U As we believe the UKs public services are a national asset that needs protecting and nurturing.
Purpose of Role:
The Director of Customer Migrations is a key part of the UKCloud Operational Leadership team (OLT). You will have demonstrable experience acting in a lead role in the delivery of complex IT projects such as Infrastructure or Cloud Migrations. You will use your expertise and experience to analyse, plan and implement customer infrastructure migrations as necessary determined by strategic decisions made by UKCloud, such as major re-platforming activities, Data Centre consolidation projects and customer on/off boarding.
The Director of Customer Migrations is supported by leads for Technical Architecture, Project Management, Marketing/Customer Communications liaison, and engineering resources depending on the requirements of the specific project. They will also work closely with the relevant Service Directors to ensure that a co-ordinated approach is taken to mitigate common risks associated with migrations and understand and control the breadth of commercial and technical implications.
- Overall responsibility for all customer migrations during key strategic replatforming programmes (such as the VMware Improvement Programme NSX-T roll-out)
- Interacts with the relevant Service Family leadership to establish dependencies and timelines
- Responsible for holding migration planning and update meetings and workshops alongside SDMs and Lead Migration Technical Architect with customer architects and representatives
- Works closely with assigned Programme Manager (from Programmes Practice) for scheduling and dependency/resource resolution of individual customer migration projects
- Tracks and Reports team velocity and works with Practice Directors to forward plan for any resource and skill requirements
- Manages broadly skilled migration team sourced from Engineering/Operations/Customer Support Practices
- Responsible for working with a Liaison from the marketing team to establish comprehensive and tailored plans for customers
- Point of escalation for customers undergoing migration activities
- Accountable for committed migration roadmap – ensuring resources (allocated by Practice Directors) know ‘What’ to do and ‘When’
- Highly organised – a good planner
- Passionate about delivering migration outcomes that meet business and customer needs
- Excellent and clear communicator (written, verbal and visual)
- Experience coaching others to adopt best practice
- Ability to lead governance activities
- Experience with designing and delivering complex cloud and managed services migration projects
Employees holding this position are required to achieve and maintain an appropriate security clearance, as detailed in the header of this job description, as a condition of employment with UKCloud Ltd.
UKCloud Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race and religion.
Information Security Management System
This position is within the scope of the UKCloud Information Security Management System (ISMS), and the post holder is responsible for complying with applicable requirements of the UKCloud Information Security Policy, Information Security Manual, and all other information security policies, processes and documentation including UKCloud SyOPs (UKC-AAA-11).
Information Security: Asset/Control/Risk Ownership
This position may be responsible for the ownership of:
- Information Assets or Supporting Assets
- Control Objectives or Controls
- Management of identified risks
- Suppliers – specifically their information security responsibilities
IT System Access
Employees holding this position will automatically be provided with access to the systems and data that have been specified within the UKCloud IT System Access Matrix (UKC-GEN-46).