Our Datacentre Technicians based in Farnborough, will maintain datacentre infrastructure and deliver on client requests.
- Manage all Datacentre related activities including adherence to policies, keeping documentation up-to-date and ensure security checking and validation are undertaken
- Configuration management
- Manager customer solutions by either providing the solution themselves or routing through an external supplier
- Provide internal IT support as and when required
- Accept and check all deliveries and the flow of assets
- Be responsible for daily Datacentre activities related to reviewing, updating and producing policies, processes, security and equipment.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of process management; ITIL Foundation preferred
- Experience of working within a Datacentre environment
- Experience of working within a customer environment
- Technically savvy; must enjoy and be willing to learn and understand a technical and customer facing business
- Understanding of servers and storage preferred
- Flexible and approachable; able to provide cover in the different Datacentre sites
- Comfortable with working alone and as part of a wider team
- Smart Hands support experience desirable
Employees holding this position are required to achieve and maintain an appropriate security clearance, as detailed in the header of this job description, as a condition of employment with UKCloud.
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities - Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks