Cyber Security Architect
With a passion for cyber-security and a keen interest in technology, the Cyber Security Architect will focus on leading, strengthening and deepening the technical security of the UKCloud Hybrid Cloud Platforms and Services.
The role will sit within the UKCloud Engineering practice and focus on how best practice Security is effectively implemented and continually improved, working collaboratively with other engineering leads and colleagues you will ultimately be responsible for answering “how” things are done with regards to general cyber security and security architecture.
- Lead security initiatives and improvement outcomes across all areas working directly with the Security & Networks Service Director
- To be highly influential and provide security advice, training, awareness, and guidance across the business on good security practice and how this should be implemented
- Deeply understands the current threat landscape through industry awareness and strong stakeholder engagement with internal teams and external suppliers
- Highlight and maintain an exceptional awareness of security threats, vulnerabilities, and ways in which they can be mitigated
- Ability to be hands-on to technically demonstrate and implement security best practice
- Assist the business to meet technical commitments to ISO and other Government certifications which are driven by external compliance and industry requirements
- Proactively review ongoing and future risks and issues in the industry, and make appropriate recommendations for technology and process improvements
- Advise and support DevSecOps practices to ensure that security continues to meet business and customer expectations including vulnerability and penetration/security testing
- Manage the overall security architecture and design ensuring best practice is adopted and followed
- Evaluates new products and where required helps implement security tooling/systems
- Attends events and conferences and acts as a UKCloud security representative where appropriate
- Computing degree (ideally cyber security specialised) or equivalent experience in cyber security
- An (ISC)² security certification (CISSP, CCSP, SSCP, CSSLP) or similar is desirable
- Able to perform technical governance and assurance activities e.g., security design approvals, security assessment and review and signoff proposed and implemented solutions
- Experience researching, designing, and implementing security solutions
- The ability and drive to translate and communicate complex, technical information across all levels of the organisation
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence others across the organisation
- Very good knowledge of ISO27001
- Knowledge of ITIL and Agile would be beneficial
- Security Penetration testing oversight
- Threat & Vulnerability Management
- Exposure to software security standards for example OWASP
- Supporting Security Policy, Standards & Risk Management
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
- Doing the right thing. By delivering better services to citizens and better value for taxpayers, by reducing the time, costs, and risks of digital transformation.
- Accelerating digitalisation with local multi-cloud experts. Our award-winning customer support is here to help our customers throughout their journey with us.
- Harnessing multiple cloud services. To help organisations use multi-cloud to address existing and legacy IT as well as cloud native applications.
- Uncompromising safety and integrity. As we believe the UKs public services are a national asset that needs protecting and nurturing.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 200+ people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
Competitive salary plus 10% bonus potential paid quarterly
25 days' annual leave increasing to 30 days with length of service + half day birthday leave + charity day + Bank Holidays
Options to buy and sell annual leave
Flexible office and home working options
Life and medical insurance
Funded team social and charity events
Onsite facilities including cafe, restaurant and gym
Company funded fruit and soft drinks plus Friday breakfasts
Cycle to work tax efficient scheme
Access to ample free parking
Shuttle bus to national rail services
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.