Cloud Support Placement Opportunities
|Contract Type||Fixed Term Contract|
We have several exciting placement opportunities within our Cloud Support team starting in Summer 2022. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology with a drive to learn to how we deliver customer excellence
You will work with a diverse technology stack including VMware, OpenStack, networking and virtualisation; developing and honing skills which complement your University Degree before of your final year. Throughout your placement you’ll be part of an award winning team, interacting professionally with a wide range of technology experts and also being exposed to UKCloud customers – this is fantastic opportunity to boost your experience and understanding of IT delivery.
Why previous students joined UKCloud
“For my current rotation I am based in the Cloud Support team, in short they manage inbound customer queries, issues and tickets across the entirety of UKCloud platforms, products and services. It’s a great place to start your IT understanding as you get exposure to all the technologies UKCloud have to offer. You’re not expected to understand them all or be a master, but the core responsibility is to handle them as they come in, fix them or escalate if it is out of your skill set.” Shaion
Interviews will take place in between November and January and short-listed candidates will be invited to a virtual Interview
- Telephone interview with the UKCloud Recruitment Team
- Psychometric assessment including ability tests and a self-personality report
- Face to Face interview with the UKCloud Team
Technical and customer aptitude and knowledge will be assessed during the interview process.
We’d love to hear from you!
Please send us your CV and covering letter, telling us why you’re interested in the role and working with us.
- Currently studying a computer-related University degree - you must be in your second year
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire to learn new skills
- Reliable, conscientious and a methodical approach to tasks
- Able to plan and prioritise your work; a completer finisher
- Experience of working within a customer service environment
- Evidence of troubleshooting / problem-solving
- Good attention to detail Enthusiasm and a good team player
- Have a keen interest in cloud technology, networking and information security
- Some customer services experience and a background knowledge of cloud computing is preferred.
- Problem solving skills specifically root cause analysis
About the company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of over 200 people. We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
Look out for us on social media!
You’ll find us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.