Cloud Operations Engineer
As a senior member of Cloud Operations, you will be expected to lead and mentor your team, prioritising work to meet service targets including:
- Performing second pass problem determination and troubleshooting of all Incidents.
- Making recommendations and taking recovery actions as directed.
- Execution of Changes and Restores.
- Maintain handover logs, ticket updates and the creation of regular & on demand reports as required.
Other tasks and responsibilities will be given as necessary which may not at present be recognised but will ensure the successful operation of the company where flexibility is paramount. This is a Shift role that includes Night, Weekend and Bank Holiday working. You will also be required to be part of an informal standby rota.
- Proven successful track record of within the IT or related industry
- Excellent OS skills (Windows/Linux)
- Working knowledge of VMWare
- Working knowledge of Network technologies
- Proven analytical skills
- Experience of running a business critical platform in a 24/7 environment
- Experience with helpdesk tools within an ITIL environment.
About the company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focussed solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 250 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Flexible working
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Access to free parking
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities
- Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance