The Cloud Consultant will support all aspects of customer engagement, including meetings, bids, overall account strategy discussions, and professional service engagements. They will be able to demonstrate and document all aspects of UKCloud solutions
- Support presales engagements, presenting UKCloud Professional Services capabilities to potential customer & partner prospects
- Understand customer requirements, propose compelling professional services engagements to address them, taking accountability for how the proposed work will deliver value to the customer
- Develop compelling business cases, including TCO / ROI benefit realisation to support customers obtain necessary funding / investment where required
- Lead professional service’s engagements, typically involving phases of discovery, analysis, requirements specification, design, and delivery, requiring the consultant to be expert in the application of a range of consulting tools, methods and approaches to support successful engagement outcomes
- Professional services engagements will support, inform and influence customers on how best to choose and leverage appropriate cloud solutions that are aligned to the needs of their organisation. This will require the consultant to maintain an excellent understanding of hybrid cloud deployment models, UKCloud’s multi-cloud capability, hyperscale cloud providers including Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud alongside the growing range of community and private cloud capabilities within the market
- Author thought leadership content that establishes & strengthens the credibility of UKCloud Professional Services and supports lead generation, working with colleagues in Products & Marketing, and external lead 4gen agencies
- Identify & propose new / refined UKCloud Professional Service propositions based on market & customer needs analysis
- Provide feedback internally on customer needs and requirements
- Maintain an overall understanding of the technical and commercial developments within the markets which UKCloud operate
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitor capabilities and services, and how we differentiate.
- A track record of developing and delivering professional services / consulting engagements to meet a business's needs, recognising and adapting solutions based on commercial & technical factors
- Business case development including TCO / ROI benefit realisation that has successfully achieved funding / investment case modelling
- Good knowledge of data centre technologies such as Servers, Storage, Networks and Applications.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Cloud Computing – IaaS, PaaS and SaaS and associated key vendors in this space including AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc
- Knowledge of Data Management best practice, techniques and technologies at any level would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills particularly at CxO level, including strong writing and presentation skills
About the Company
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 250 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day
- Contributory pension
- Life cover
- Active social and charity events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite facilities - Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.