Azure Solution Architect
About the role
The role will be responsible for devising hybrid Azure based solutions to address a range of different business requirements for new and existing clients. The role combines commercial acumen with broad technical expertise to be able to assist customers, stakeholders and partners to translate business requirements into cost effective, fit for purpose solutions, in line with the UKCloud Growth and Product strategies.
Working closely alongside the UKCloud Growth, Product and Advisory teams, the Azure Solutions Architect will support all aspects of customer engagement, including meetings, bids, overall account strategy discussions, and advisory service engagements as well as being able to demonstrate and document all aspects of UKCloud Azure based solutions.
The role requires a broad technical understanding across Cloud, Applications, Data and Security, specifically leveraging Azure products, services and expertise in each of these areas to develop appropriate solutions. The role is required to be able to effectively communicate the solutions to both business stakeholders, and technical users. The role holder is expected to work onsite with customers as required through presales and professional service engagements.
- Provide technical point of contact for prospects, clients, and the UKCloud Growth team
- Qualify sales opportunities in the terms of client and partner technical requirements and project scopes
- Define Azure solutions with the UKCloud Sales team to support client business requirements and future strategies
- Present and market the design and value of proposed solutions and business cases to clients and partners
- Complete required presales documentation quickly and accurately
- Author thought leadership content that establishes & strengthens the credibility of UKCloud and supports lead generation, working with colleagues in Products & Marketing, and external lead gen agencies
- Identify & propose new / refined UKCloud Professional Service propositions based on market & customer needs analysis
- Provide feedback internally on customer needs and requirements
- Maintain a detailed understanding of Microsoft’s current and future Azure product roadmap, to inform and validate UKCloud’s Azure roadmap
- Maintain an overall understanding of the technical and commercial developments within the markets which UKCloud operate
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitor capabilities and services, and how we differentiate
- Prepared to travel to customer sites to support presales and advisory engagements as required
- Work with Product Management and the Azure Team to define Azure services and solutions unique to UKCloud
- 5+ years’ experience in a pre-sales capacity, including building and implementing infrastructure, virtualization and cloud computing solutions
- Hold Azure Solutions Architect Expert (AZ-104 + AZ-305) or (AZ-303 + AZ-304/305) certifications
- Detailed understanding of cloud and virtualisation technologies including IaaS, PaaS & SaaS and/or private cloud infrastructure spanning Public Azure, Azure Stack (Hub & HCI) and Azure IoT
- Technical experience of IT infrastructure including datacentre, networks, security and managed services
- Significant public cloud design and implementation experience
- Prior experience working with customers in a consulting capacity, leading / delivering professional service engagements
- Knowledge & experience of the UK Public Sector, with experience in the Marine and Energy Sectors desirable
- Diplomatic with strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of communicating at all levels within an organisation
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, architects and developers
- Capable of working in multi-discipline teams but also on own initiative
- Disciplined, organised and self-motivated, with a positive “can do” attitude
Employees holding this position are required to achieve and maintain an appropriate security clearance, as detailed in the header of this job description, as a condition of employment with UKCloud Limited.
Information Security: Asset/Control/Risk Ownership
This position may be responsible for the ownership of:
- Information Assets or Supporting Assets
- Control Objectives or Controls
- Management of identified risks
- Suppliers – specifically their information security responsibilities
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
- Doing the right thing. By delivering better services to citizens and better value for taxpayers, by reducing the time, costs, and risks of digital transformation.
- Accelerating digitalisation with local multi-cloud experts. Our award-winning customer support is here to help our customers throughout their journey with us.
- Harnessing multiple cloud services. To help organisations use multi-cloud to address existing and legacy IT as well as cloud native applications.
- Uncompromising safety and integrity. As we believe the UKs public services are a national asset that needs protecting and nurturing.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 200+ people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
Competitive salary plus 10% bonus potential paid quarterly
25 days' annual leave increasing to 30 days with length of service + half day birthday leave + charity day + Bank Holidays
Options to buy and sell annual leave
Flexible office and home working options
Life and medical insurance
Funded team social and charity events
Onsite facilities including cafe, restaurant and gym
Company funded fruit and soft drinks plus Friday breakfasts
Cycle to work tax efficient scheme
Access to ample free parking
Shuttle bus to national rail services
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.